Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mama's got a brand new bag (Simplicity 4391)

Today I finished this messenger bag from Simplicity pattern #4391:
Yes, I cut out the flap upside down, but I learned a valuable lesson-double check your grainlines!!  I found this fabric at a Jomar during their big half off fabric sale.  It's canvas printed all over with the logo for Trader Joe's.  I wonder how it ended up in a fabric clearance pile.  Since it's canvas, I thought it would make a good bag.  It's lined in this funky fabric, another Jomar find:
HAPPY Y2K!!!
I'm feeling pretty good about the interior double pocket-with my first ever zipper!
For the most part, the pattern was easy to follow.  I omitted the padding the pattern said to put in, because I don't plan to carry anything super fragile in here and I don't mind if a messenger type bag is a little slouchy.  This pattern also comes with pieces for all manner of electronic toy cozies, so I can see using this again in the future.  Maybe next time I'll lay the damn pattern out right side up! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment