Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Finished March muslin and April's stashbusting project

Here's my wearable muslin.  Apologies for the crappy cell phone picture:


I'm pretty happy with it.  This is the first time I have ever attempted major pattern alterations.  I lost the back facing, looked for it, gave up, and finished the neck and armholes with bias tape.  My zipper insertion seriously needs work.

April's challenge theme is color.  The plan right now is to use this crazy knit paisley with this 1972 pattern from my recent antique mall score.  My serger is broken at the moment, but my modern singer has a triple stretch stitch that works well for medium to heavy weight knits.  If the test stitches look like crap, I'll shelve the project until I get my serger back and do something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment