Monday, May 2, 2011

Fat Girl Flea Market Wrapup (part 1)

Allrighty, I promised a wrapup and I shall deliver!  So was it worth the trip?  Abso-fuckin-lutely!!!  Part 2 will have pics of my finds, but I wanted to get a few thoughts out first. 

After rolling into Penn Station, I decided to take a brief side trip to 37th between 7th and 6th.  I had heard from a little birdie there were some wholesale bead shops over there.  Most were only open monday thru friday, but I did find one that was open and got an awesome haul of glittery treasures including some rockin' skull beads!

Magpie like urges fulfilled, I caught the subway downtown for the flea market.  The place was so packed, I had to wait in line for a bit to get in.  However, it was totally worth it.  Piles of clothes(and ladies) everywhere!!  Elbow room was at a premium, and in a less hospitable crowd I would have been nervous, but the self-love was everywhere.  It was such an amazing pool of size positive energy.  Everyone was chatting, swapping finds, and generally being awesome.

Oh, and a mariachi band hopped on the train down.  How cool is that??  Part 2 to come once I locate and fire up the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment