Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jewelry Class update

Went to jewelry class last night and I have a few goodies in progress to show off.  First up, a simple little copper stamped disc:
I'm gonna dangle a leaf bead on the front and put it on a brass chain.
I have been working on this piece for weeks.  Finally, it's mostly done!!
You would not believe how many attempts I made at soldering this motherfucker before I finally got it right.  You can still see some bits of solder on the front, but at this point I don't care.  I'm going to attach chains to the two rings at the top.  I think I'll call it the MF necklace, because I certainly said that a lot during it's creation.

And a cuff:

Sorry about the blurry middle pic.  I've drank like a pitcher of iced tea today.  Maybe I should get a tripod.  The bracelet is copper and I fried it with the torch to make some funky oxidized colors.  Maybe I should make another one and send it to Charlie Sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment