Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Beer #2 Pennsylvania Pale Ale

Hey beer fans!  I'm sipping some Pennsylvania Pale Ale today.  It's a product from the always awesome Philadelphia Brewing Company.

I'm sipping from a standard pint glass.  The brew pours out a pretty amber-ish color with a frothy head.  It smells nice and hoppy, without being overpowering.  I've smelled some pales and IPA's that had a greener fragrance than my lawnmower.  Can you tell I'm NOT a hop head?  Nothing against hop lovers, it's just not my thing.  Anyway, back to the Pennsylvania Pale. 

As I sipped, I tasted just a touch of malty sweetness, followed by the floral flavor of the hops.  It finished crisp without being overly bitter.  I could see drinking this with a big pile of hot wings or some tacos.  I shouldn't have typed that.  Now I'm craving wings. 

I know I said it before, but I just want to repeat how awesome PBC is.  They operate out of a building that was originally built as a brewery in the 1800's.  Their tasting room is open Saturday afternoons, with plenty of samples and tours of the brewery.  If you're lucky, you might get to try a sample of beer fresh off the line.  Also, if you're into variety cases, you can get one custom assembled with your choice of beers in the sales office.  How cool is that?  Did I mention cases straight from the brewery are usually about $5 less than a distributor charges?  yeah, I visit this place a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment