Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stashbusting sew along!

The other day I was in my sewing room pondering the mess it had become.  In just over a year of getting back to sewing, I have amassed a stash that is threatening to take over my workspace.  So when I read about the Stashbusting Sew Along, I knew I had to sign up. 

My stash is ridiculous.  I've been to one too many Jomar fabric freakout sales, and I live a short bus ride away from Gaffney (awesome) fabrics.  I've got stuff still in it's bags!  Pics will be forthcoming once I locate the camera, provided my son hasn't chucked it in the pet water dish (again). 

I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone here, because I had another dumbass "closet full of clothes and nothing to wear" moment last night when preparing to go out. I'm tired of reaching for a t-shirt because I have no nice blouses.  There are so many gaping holes in my wardrobe it isn't funny.  If I can fill my clothes gaps and stash bust at the same time, that would be excellent.

I'm shooting for one project a month.  I think I can pull that off.  I'd rather set the bar low and surprise myself, then set a sky-high goal and kick myself for not meeting it.

First up:  a mini t-shirt quilt for my son.  I'm about halfway through the piecing.  His birthday is the 26th of this month, so that's my deadline.  I'd better get sewing!

1 comment: