Monday, June 27, 2011

Pick-your-own adventure

Yesterday we took a family trip out to Haines Berry Farm to pick some blueberries.  The kid seemed to love it.  He kept yelling "booberries!!!" and seemed surprised to find out that they come from bushes, not plastic clamshell packages.  Together three of us picked 13lbs of berries, but that was nothing compared to the haul a couple older women brought in as we were leaving.  They filled seven 25lb pails of berries!  That's an insane amount of blueberries.
We brought our box of berries home and I made 8 and 1/2 pints of blueberry jam, loaded the food dehydrator with berries to dry, stuck a couple pounds in the freezer, made a quart of booze berries, and I still have fresh berries in the fridge. 
Last night I dreamed I was buried in blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. Your dream reminds me of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Jamberry-Bruce-Degen/dp/1595193626/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309283527&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete