Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well, I tried.

My creative urges are rapidly being sucked down a black hole.  I haven't made anything new in five days.  Without putting all my business out there, I'll just say that there is a problem in my life and all my energy has been diverted to working out a solution.  I can't seem to be treated with basic human respect.  So many people in my life think it's okay to not listen to me, to disregard my wishes, to commit me to things without even asking me, etc.  I don't know how to put a stop to this.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there before. Shortly after having my baby I read and did the program in the book "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. It has lots of techniques and helps the reader to develop a mental framework to free ourselves of cycles and habits that take away from our creative work. I did find that after 12 weeks of doing the book's program, I was making more art, I felt happier, and my relationships with people who were previously inhibiting my freedom and creativity improved.

    ReplyDelete