Thursday, July 21, 2011

Walking

"Live isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself".

I don't know who said it, but I saw it in this video:
"Walking" by Mary Mary.

I'm not much on religious music but I catch myself humming this song all the time.  It strikes a chord with me when I'm going about my daily routine--living a life that at 14 I did not think I would ever live.  I didn't think I'd ever get married, or have kids, or have a house of my own that wasn't falling down around me, or live in a place I actually wanted to be.  I'm leaving the shit behind me and walking, and I'm enjoying it.

And after weeks of internal deliberation and being all chicken about it, I finally called the coolest hairdresser in town and booked an appointment.  I'm getting a big ass stripe of color near my face and some feather extensions.  This is a big departure for me, but I think I'm ready for it.  Walk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment