Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What to do with a broken brooch?

So I listed a neat little brooch on etsy today while my son was napping.  Then I forgot to put it somewhere safe after his nap.  At some point it got stepped on and the pin broken off.  Bummer.

I quickly de-listed it and am currently pondering what to do with it.  I'm not sure I can repair it to the state it was in.  Here's some pics:


Pre-steppage, it had a pin across the back, now, not so much.  I hate to give up on this piece, because I really like the reverse carving and the mythological subject matter.  I might take it to jewelry class and bounce some ideas off the instructor.  Maybe I can solder a bail or two on the metal and make it into a pendant.
But I will definitely make sure it's out of my kid's reach from now on!

2 comments:

  1. oh man that sucks! If you wear hair accessories that would look cute in the center of a bow on a headband or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that! I'm also considering making it a pendant and going crazy with the Roman thing--lots of spirals and wire work.

    ReplyDelete